Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pan Am Opening Ceremony

When I tried to get tickets to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games, my first priority was the Opening Ceremony. My favourite moment is when Team Canada enters the stadium.

So when tickets went on sale for the Pan Am Games, the Opening Ceremony was my priority. I was thrilled to see Mark Oldershaw enter the stadium as flag bearer for Team Canada.


I loved the Opening Ceremony and was fortunate to see it twice. A friend of mine called me a couple hours before the rehearsal asking if I wanted her friend's ticket to the rehearsal. Her friend couldn't make it.

So with my friend's ticket, I saw the ceremony from the lower bowl (no cameras allowed) and on Opening Ceremony day, I got to see it from the upper bowl.

























I loved 1984 Olympic silver medal winner Marita Payne-Wiggins (with her 4x400m relay team) passing the torch to her son NBA basketball player Andrew Wiggins and then Wiggins lighting Steve Nash's torch.





Beautiful cauldron inside the stadium!!



Beautiful cauldron outside the stadium by the CN Tower.







No comments:

Post a Comment