Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tickets Tip #6: Get Your Tickets Now!

Get your tickets now before they sell out! Don't forget to use the discount code CIBCPANAM to get 25% off until Thursday July 2nd at 9pm.

It's been in the news for the past few months. Pan Am Tickets are only 25% sold, only 33% sold, only 40% sold, so I haven't worried about not getting the tickets I would want to add to the ones I already have.

I had early tickets to 7 events and figured I would buy tickets closer to the date of events when I knew who would be competing. Selfishly wanting to get as many tickets as my pocketbook can afford, I wanted to make sure that I was seeing my favourite athletes.

So with the media reporting that ticket sales were not very good, I didn't worry. I thought that there was lots of time to get tickets.

I recently started a "daily tickets tip" to help potential Pan Am spectators choose which tickets to buy because looking through the different sports and events schedules can be daunting. I was hoping to make it a bit easier for people to get their tickets.

I'm now realizing that I may not get as far as I wanted with my ticket recommendations. Will I have a recommendation left in two weeks? Looking at tickets for various sports, a LOT MORE than I imagined are already sold.



I initially purchased tickets for events that I was guaranteed to see my Canadian favourites (plus the two ceremonies). Five of those seven events are now sold out! I'm thankful to have ordered early.

Sold out events include:
  • Cycling BMX
  • Cycling Track
  • Canoe Kayak Slalom 
  • Equestrian jumping sessions
  • Modern Pentathlon 
  • Open Water Swimming (Men is sold out, women almost sold out)
  • Trampoline
  • Triathlon
  • Waterski and Wakeboard
  • Synchronized swimming medal sessions.
  • Many gold medal games; bronze medal games; Team Canada games and weekend tickets.

Almost sold out events:

  • Bowling
  • Canoe Kayak Sprint
  • Road Cycling
  • Diving
  • Equestrian Eventing
  • Fencing
  • Handball
  • Roller Sports - Figure Skating
  • Roller Sports - Speed Skating
  • Shooting
  • Squash
The media may be trying to share the message that the Pan Am Games aren't popular but I will argue that there are tickets that I would have bought that are now sold out. It's also understandable for events where Canada is not competing to not sell out. 

I believe that ticket sales for the Pan Am Games have been very successful and the current 25% off discount offered by CIBC will help sales even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment